Meet the future of your fuel supply.
Are you using renewable sources of energy?
Ethanol is renewable fuel that you can count on.
In recent years, the ethanol industry has thrived. Without pressures for new energy sources, Ethanol represents the next step forward for companies seeking a renewable fuel source for their energy, and it has revolutionized the way plants operate across the United States.
Ethanol provides several critical benefits, including:
- Greenhouse gas reduction: Corn-based ethanol reduces GHG emissions. It also reduces the amount of carbon monoxide and other various ground-level pollutants.
- Biodegradability: Because ethanol is made with organic materials, its high level of biodegradability makes spills much less of an issue relative to petroleum.
- Usable by-products: The two primary by-products are CO2 and distillers dried grains with solubles (DDGS), both of which can be used across several industries. The CO2 is applicable to the food and beverage industry, whereas DDGS can be used for cattle feed, corn oil production, and various food and biodiesel production applications.
- Adaptability: Because so many vehicles are already being manufactured with flex-fuel capability, migrating to this method of fueling won’t be much of a disruption. Flexible-fuel vehicles can already run on E85 instead of running on gasoline, and those that don’t won’t have to undergo heavy alterations to do so.
- Inexpensive production: Because of its relatively short growth/harvest period (about six months), ethanol represents a less expensive alternative to pricier fuel options.
- Job creation: According to the U.S. Department of Energy, “ethanol production in 2017 accounted for more than 71,900 direct jobs across the country, $45 billion to the gross domestic product, and $24 billion in household income.” This means that the fuel you use improves not only the environment but the economy as well. https://afdc.energy.gov/fuels/ethanol_benefits.html
Is your Ethanol plant running efficiently and safely? Pioneer can help.
How Does It Work?
Manufacturing ethanol does not come without challenges. Recent developments for improving the production process include the introduction of cellulose (forest products), which can be used as an alternative to sugars (including sugar cane, sugar beets, and molasses) or starch (corn, wheat, or grains). As the need for flexible, cost-effective, renewable sources of energy grows, ethanol is uniquely placed to be at the forefront of innovation.
Since 1988, Pioneer Industrial Corporation has been the Midwest’s premier industrial sales and service operation. You don’t make it more than 30 years in this industry without sitting on the cutting edge. We’ve continually integrated high-quality solutions into our arsenal, and we provide all of our clients with solutions that fit seamlessly with their fuel transportation needs. Pioneer has provided many services for customers in the Ethanol Industry including:
– Safety Relief Valves and Relief Valve Repair
– Process Control Valves and Repairs
– Spiralwound and non-asbestos gaskets
– Tank Vacuum Protection
– Line and Isolation Valves and Repairs
– Pump and Pump Repair
– Actuators and Actuator Repair
– Mechanical Seals and Repair
– Mechanical packing, including for low emissions
To find out why our customers choose Pioneer over and over again, reach out to our team today.